Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The breakfast sandwich for dinner, what a glorious thing!


Today I thought it appropriate to start with the picture instead of leading up to it.  Just look at this sandwich.  Let me start by telling you what is in it.  I pre-heated the oven to toast the bread a little bit.  While that was happening I made a basic omlette.  Eggs, milk/cream/half and half (whatever you have on hand, it helps make the omlette fluffy and light), s&p, and dill weed.  When the omlette was almost set and ready to be folded I dolloped some marscapone cheese right into the center of the omlette.  I had mixed a little sour cream and capers into it to thin it out some and add some flavor.  When the bagette came out of the oven I smeared one side with the marscapone cheese mixture and the other with some black truffle butter.  I did this just because I had it and everything is better with black truffle butter.  If you don't have any, skip this step, it will be almost as delicious.  Finally before placing the top half of the bread I topped the egg with some smoked salmon.  I love the stuff.  I served the sandwich with some skillet potatoes that were cooked in a little olive oil and simply dressed with s&p and parsley and a nice salad.  Wonderful dinner and very quick and easy to make. 

I encourage everyone to have a breakfast sandwich for dinner tonight.

Xo-Wife of Wright

2 comments: