Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

He loves me, Ceelo loves me not...

I love St. Valentine's Day.  I know a lot of people think it's all propaganda created by card, flower, and candy companies, but you know what I say to those people?  #1.  You are saying this because you yourself are single and can't stand all the love going around.  In turn I would say share the love with everyone, you don't have to have a significant other to enjoy the day.  #2.  You are not single but have a spouse/significant other who does not like the holiday.  See what I would suggest from reason #1. #3.  You are a bitter and half glass empty type of person and we should not hang out.  I have no suggestions for you.  Here is a little bit about St. Valentine courtesy of Wikipedia

"The first representation of Saint Valentine appeared in the Nuremberg Chronicle (1493); alongside the woodcut portrait of Valentine, the text states that he was a Roman priest martyred during the reign of Claudius II, known as Claudius Gothicus. He was arrested and imprisoned upon being caught marrying Christian couples and otherwise aiding Christians who were at the time being persecuted by Claudius in Rome."


Poor Valentine.  He was just trying to marry Christians who wanted to marry and mean ol' Claudius had to go and ruin it.  So that's the backstory.  Not too shabby of a guy right?  

In addition I would like to credit my parents with giving me a healthy view of what St. Valentine's Day should be about.  Sharing your love for everyone, not just romantic love.  They always made sure I had Valentine's every year and a special day.  My mom still puts out two construction paper placemats that I made in school for St. Valentine's Day when I was about 8 or 9.  Ate off of them on Sunday in fact.  Thanks Mom and Dad. 

Before the day came I baked lots of goodies to share.  I boxed up packages for Blake's parents, his sister and brother in law, and my mom.  I kept some back for any friends we might see over the holiday.  The day of Blake and I celebrated all day long and in to the evening.  He made me breakfast in bed.  We had yummy breakfast burritos.  I made him this for lunch:

Chipotle Cheddar Chicken Mac and Cheese with Bacon Crumbles


It was delish.  Leave me a comment if you would like the recipe. 

For dinner we had reservations at Saii for sushi.  We had our first date there 3 and 1/2 years ago.  I even pulled out the same blouse I wore back then and sported it for nostalgias sake.  We had a wonderful meal and funny enough my best friend Carrie and Brendan ended up two tables down from us.  Fun coincidence and made for some mini chats throughout the meal.  We left stuffed and went home for a couch picnic.  Blake still had his gifts to open and when he was done we shared a wonderful bottle of Pinot Grigio courtesy of Blake's parents, some chocolate, and a movie.  Perfect ending to a lovely day. 



On a less cheesy note.  Ceelo loves me not.  Did anyone else catch his dog puppet flipping off the camera at the end of his performance?  I guess he got the real lyrics in after all...




Xo-Wife of Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment