Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Chair...not to be outdone by SHOES

I went to the TJ Maxx close to my work today over lunch to look at their furniture and some dress clothes for Blake.  We have been looking for a leather club chair with a bit of a modern feel for our family room and for some reason the $500.00 and up versions I'm finding in magazines and online aren't doing it for me.   I thought I would take a long shot and see if I might find something there.  Also, Blake needs some new dress clothes and TJ's is pretty good about having Calvin Klein and Perry Ellis dress shirts and ties for a good price.  I figured it was worth a look. 

I told myself I was going to walk straight to the back and then to the men's clothing avoiding women's handbags and shoes at all costs.  At first I halfway managed that.  I did spot a lovely Michael Kors bag on the way in.  I stopped and felt the soft leather and admired it's beauty.  I then admired the price tag and found it not quite as admirable anymore and made my way back towards the furniture completely skipping the shoes.  Yay me!

Lo and behold, look what I found in the furniture...


It's almost exactly what we've been looking at!  What's even better is that this chair that was once $399.99 was on sale at TJ's for $199.99.  But wait, there's more!  The chair has now been red stickered (find these at TJ's, they're a goldmine) down to $149.99.  Yippee!  Although we don't have the new couch and rug that are going to go with this little guy yet, we're snagging him up in the morning.  I put him on hold so that Blake can come back with me to check it out for himself and then load it up in the car.  Score!

After I had Mr. Chair taken to the back so that no one else could snag him I went to the men's clothing.  I found some nice ties and dress shirts and inventoried what I would show Blake when we came back for the chair in the a.m.  As I started to make my way back to the front door I spotted a rack of shoes.  They were at the front, totally seperate from the shoe section and wouldn't you know if one didn't catch my eye.  Look away if you're a size 5 and 1/2 because this is the one and only pair, trust me, I looked.



These pretty pretty Prada's.  Here's the kicker.



That's right, $349.99 on sale.  Sure, they were $700.00 to start out, but for some reason I must have left my spare $350.00 bones at home.  Plus, like I said, they're a 5 and 1/2.  My big toe isn't fitting in these.  So sad.  But these made me wonder, what is lying back in the shoe section waiting for a new home?



There were these fallen soldiers from Michael Kors.



Another Michael Kors victim.



These killer Jessica Simpson numbers are a P.O.W.  I wanted to break them out the most.


And these... Okay, I'm kidding on these.  They are another Jessica Simpson shoe, but the only thing they are falling to is a yet to be named fashion victim.  Sorry Jessica, you're right on a lot of the time, but these are just unfortunate.  It's like a boot, a sandal, a high heel, and a wedge all had a "special" baby. 

Anyways...I was a good girl and left empty handed, but for those of you on the hunt for some new shoes they have a lot to choose from right now.  All of the shoes I showed, minus the Prada, are well under $100.00, and a deal compared to their listed price.  Go shop for me, if you happen to be a size 9 that's even better, I'll take them on a test run for you.  I would hate for anyone to get a blister...

Xo-Wife of Wright

2 comments:

  1. My name is Sam and I'm a MAXXINISTA too! Great finds Gena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so bad! If I had the extra cash I would be in soooo much trouble, too much cute stuff right now. Especially in the shoes and handbags. Stand united bargain hunters!

    ReplyDelete