Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

You say potato...I say Gnocchi

Happy March everyone!  I only have time for a quick post today, so I'm going to give you a brief look and synopsis of a dinner I made last week.  Anyone who is interested in making it just shoot me a message and I'll get it to you.  Here it is:

Smoked Mozzarella Gnocchi Bake


Here she is right out of the oven.  Gnocchi are Italian potato dumplings.  You can make them fresh with potatoes, or buy multiple varieties of them at the grocery store.  They cook very quickly (3-5 minutes) making them great for weeknight meals.  While my water was coming to a boil for the gnocchi I put a small sauce pan on the stove with a small can of tomato sauce, garlic, basil, and s&p.  While it was heating through I pre-heated the oven to 375 and dropped the gnocchi in the salted boiling water.  When the tomato sauce is warmed through add in a splash of heavy cream.  When the gnocchi are done (they float to the top and make it totally obvious) drain them and add them to the sauce.  At this point I add a cup of shredded smoked mozzarella cheese and 4 strips of crumbled bacon.  When the cheese is melted through pour the entire mixture into a sprayed baking dish.  Top with another 1/2 cup of smoked mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, and some grated parmesan.  Pop in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is brown and bubbly.  I served it with a little fresh flat leaf Italian parsley for garnish and a salad.  We were NOT disappointed! 

Comment on this post if you would like the recipe with the specific amounts, etc. although I think you could pretty much do it from the paragraph above. 

Mangia!


Xo-Wife of Wright

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Amy! I love your blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making this tonight Gena! I will let you know how it turns out! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear how it turns out LeeAnne! I'm so happy someone is making something off of here, sometimes I think "Hello, is anyone out there?" Xo

    ReplyDelete