Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Art-i-choke Dip

Good Monday everyone!  I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.  I am a little under the weather.  Not sure whether it's a cold, or my allergies and sinuses, but I know I feel like my head has been blown up by a tire pump and my nose and throat feel like they've had a gravel treatment.  You're welcome!

Here is another great recipe for the holiday season.  As we get closer to Christmas there are more and more holiday parties to attend and less time to prepare for them.  This is a quick, easy and delicious dip to take to anything you may have going.  It's a Southwestern twist on a classic and so far everywhere I have taken it the bowl has come back home clean. 

Southwestern Artichoke Spinach Dip



1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped

1 box (9 oz) frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain

1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed, softened

1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles, undrained

½ medium red bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)

½ cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (2 oz) plus a couple of handfuls to top

4 slices chopped cooked bacon

Tortilla chips/Scoops


I usually double this recipe for a larger crowd.  Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.  Mix all of the above ingredients well (let the cream cheese sit out for about 30 minutes to make this easier) and pour into a well sprayed casserole dish.  An 8x8 would probably work perfect, although for a double batch you will most likely need a larger dish.  After you have poured the dip into the dish top with more shreded cheese.  Put the dip into the oven un-covered and cook about 15-20 minutes or until light brown and bubbly.  Serve with tortilla chips or Scoops.
Enjoy!
Xo-Wife of Wright

1 comment: