Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chicken of the Sea

I made Blake and I an easy and very quick dinner last night that is both nutritious and yummy to boot. 

Citrus Crusted Tuna Steaks with Oven Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans


Sidenote:  Those pretty white plates were one of my b-day gifts from my loving husband.  He did so good!  I will post on them later this week.  They are such a bargain, fit so many needs, and you'll never believe where they're from.

But I digress...We love tuna.  Now that Sam's sells tuna steaks in their frozen food section at a very reasonable price we eat it fairly often.  The citrus crust is also a citrus blend spice that is sold at Sam's and it is so great on all seafood.  It has dried lemon peel, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, etc. and for about $5 you get 80lbs. of it.  BULK.  On the side I did some simple oven roasted potatoes.  I do some variation of these a couple times a month.  Blake loves them, and he also loves taking the leftovers to work with him. I believe this morning they ended up in a burrito.  Don't ask.  Large dice any potato you have on hand, toss them in a large ziplock with some olive oil and whatever spices will go with your particular meal and you're golden.  375 for 30 minutes and they're done.  Last night I chose a mix of fresh ground pepper and Old Bay since we were having seafood.  The green beans?  Green Giant frozen with no sauce(the no sauce part is what's important).  They even come with the slivered almonds!  Sure you could buy fresh green beans, snap them, slice them, blanch them and then give them a saute with some butter and top them with your own almonds, but why when Green Giant does all the work for you?  I tossed them with a little butter and ground black pepper and they were delish.  That bread you see there is smeared with the Black Truffle Butter that I showed you yesterday.  I couldn't resist.  I could have had about 10 more slices, but I stopped after the one.  After all, I had leftover Ribbon Cake from Rasberries and Cream to save room for...

Xo-Wife of Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment