Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Smiley told me to do it.

As I mentioned earlier this week my hubby got me some great new dishes for my birthday.  The ironic thing is that the aforementioned dishes come from a store that I truly dislike.  Any guesses?  Okay fine.  They're from Wal-Mart.  Wally-World.  The threshold of hell.  Whichever name you prefer, I think we can all agree shopping at Wal-Mart is one of the most un-pleasant, disturbing and sometimes un-sanitary thing you can do.  I mean we've all seen the "People of Wal-Mart" e-mails right?  You can not find that variety of folks anywhere else short of the state fair in the fall.  Oh how I'm rambling...The important thing is that while looking for something completely different one day on Wal-Mart's website I decided to take a trip through their housewares and I found these.


Oven to Table dish set by Canopy. 

#1.  These dishes are under $45.00 for service for four.  That's sixteen pieces.
#2.  They are oven to table safe.  That means if I want to make individual mac and cheeses in those bowls I can shove all that ewwey gooey goodness into the bowl and then straight into the oven to get even more yummy and crusty on top. 
#3.  I love white.  Not only are they crisp and clean looking, but they show off your food very well.
#4.  Also available are serving dishes that match and vary in size.

They also offer an oven to table set in round, but I liked the abstract and clean lines of the squares.  Plus I already have a bunch of round plates, why not mix it up?  Blake got me two sets for my birthday, and I plan on adding one more to be able to serve 12, along with the serving dishes.  If you're like me and don't enjoy the crowds at your local Wally World feel free to order them "Site to Store" online.  You will have to go in to pick them up, but you won't have to pay shipping and since you don't have to check out while you're there it's an easy pick up and leave from customer service.  Make it happen here.

Xo-Wife of Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment