Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lay off my muffin top!

I bet you're not sure where I'm going with this are you?  You're a little concerned?  Maybe a little grossed out?  Well get your minds out of the gutter!  I'm just trying to share a delicious breakfast muffin recipe with you.  These aren't the traditional sweet pan muffins, but a savory spread that is smeared on English Muffins and heated up till brown and bubbly under the broiler.  Yum. 

Make Ahead Muffin Melts


These are a Ree Drummond recipe off of her recipe blog/website called Tasty Kitchen.  They are wonderful.  I usually half the recipe on the weekend when it's just Blake and I, but if you want leftovers for easy weekday breakfasts, or to eat cold on sandwich bread for lunch (I've tried it and it's to die for, think spruced up egg salad) go for it!  I usually add a little extra bacon and worchestershire sauce for an extra kick, but that's just me.  Also, I use lowfat mayonaise, 2% cheddar cheese, whole wheat/grain English Muffins and Oscar Meyer Center Cut Bacon (it has less calories and sodium than turkey bacon).  You really can modify favorite recipes to make them more figure friendly and packed with protein and fiber.  Please give these a try this weekend or holiday season.  They would be perfect for company because you can make the mix the day before and simply spread it on the muffins and pop them under the broiler the morning of.  You can find the recipe here.  Let me know what you think.

Xo-Wife of Wright

1 comment: