Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

The cold is here...and I mean that in more ways than one.

That's right, it's November 1st and it is cooooooool outside.  It was 51 degrees outside over lunch, burrrr.  Unfortunately I am also feeling a different kind of cold starting in my nose.  Blake and I both started sneezing about mid-day yesterday and it hasn't stopped since.  Blake thought it might be the pollen count, or something else due to allergies, but he checked and all the counts are low and have been low for the past few days.



I HATE being sick.  Inevitably it happens every year about this time.  I have bad allergies and sinuses and when the Oklahoma weather starts trying to change from warm to cool and back and forth 10 times over in October and early November my body goes crazy.  It holds a protest, it's pickets, it even riots towards the end and then it waves a white flag and surrenders.  I usually end up with a severe case of sinusitus and bronchitis.  Run a fever, lose my voice, the works.  So today when I get off work I will go to Walgreens and buy Airborne.  I will go home and take some and then do a steam treatment with the machine Blake and I bought last year around this time.



Then I will go to the couch, cross all of my fingers, toes, legs, and arms and pray for a miracle.  I'll make sure to bring my box of kleenex.


On a lighter note, Blake had, ehem I mean GOT to dress up with his department at work last Friday.  They were a box of Crayons.  A few women in his department made the costumes and he made the box.  Here is my dear husband, doesn't he look happy?


I'll give the first person to notice what is "wrong" with his costume a virtual high five.  GO!

Xo-Wife of Wright

5 comments:

  1. Well, the lettering on the crayon is supposed to be the same as the colored paper, outlined by a black oval.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Alec! Virtual high five to you man! Spelling is not a strong point at oil and gas companies apparently...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..."carmal"?? really??! LOL! Must be the same person who does the spelling on the Braum's sign all the time!

    ReplyDelete