Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Where for art thou Rosemary?


I cannot find fresh rosemary in Oklahoma City!  I have been to Super Target and I have been to Wal-Mart Super Center.  NO ROSEMARY.  I must have it.  It is crucial to my turkey brine and my potato dish.  I'm off to Homeland as soon as I get off work. 

I have however purchased all of my other Thanksgiving groceries.  This makes me very happy because I will not be fighting anyone at the grocery store for the last of the fresh cranberries or celery on Wednesday.  I have already DVR'd "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" and "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" (the original of course although the movie version is very funny).  I made fresh ricotta cheese for the froshia last night and I'll pick up the turkey tomorrow after work so that it can start brining on Wednesday morning bright and early.  The table is set for seven, the centerpiece is complete and the Christmas lights are hung on the house.  Phew. 

There is still so much left to prepare for and other things that I'm sure I could do ahead of time, but I am going to try to stay as calm as possilble and have the most enjoyable holiday season I can.  A little cleaning tonight, start the brine tomorrow evening and prepare a couple more dishes on Wednesday after I get off work and I will be in my sock monkey house shoes and cozies by 6:30.  I can't wait!

Who else is excited for the holiday?  Do you do anything special to prepare?  Is anyone having their families' festivities at their house for the first time like Blake and I?  Does anyone else still get up super early Thanksgiving morning to watch the Macy's parade(and get a little jittery at the end right before Santa shows up?) even though their 30 ehem?  Do tell...

Xo-Wife of Wright

3 comments:

  1. Hope you set the table for one more - because I want to eat your food nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw Gena, thank you, you actually are helping me get in the holiday spirit now! I've got to get my groceries tomorrow and start my dishes on Wednesday evening. We're REALLLLLY looking forward to spending our Thanksgiving with you and Blake in your beautiful new home :) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Binkley,
    You would make your Nana and your Maw Maw very proud! You have taken the "bird" by the horns and you are going to do a First Thanksgiving of many, I'm sure, at the Wright home. I know everything is going to be fantastic and I wish Sue and I could be there to share it with you!
    I love you, Doh xoxo

    ReplyDelete