Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Diary of an out of shape woman.

Dear Diary,

It's 5:10 a.m. and I'm up!  I'm feeling pretty good.  I went to bed early and slept well.  I think this workout is going to be great for me, I can't wait to get there.  Clothes on, face washed, teeth brushed, dog has been out to pottie, Barre3 here I come!

xo-Gena

Dear Diary,

It's 6:00 a.m.  I am at Barre3 and I have signed in.  A nice woman has shown me where to put my things and introduced me to my fantastically fit instructor Wendy.  Wow.  Wendy looks good.  This stuff must really work.  I'm excited, I hope Jacqui saved me a spot next to her so I don't have to grunt next to a stranger.  There she is!  Yea!  Ok, here we go.  I'll check back in at the end of my workout.

xo-Gena

Dear Diary,

It's 6:10 a.m.  WHAT??  That kind of hurts.  I don't remember ballet hurting?  Okay, I was six the last time I took ballet.  Shouldn't we have started with positions or something?  Why didn't I drink any water before I came here?  Is Jacqui breathing hard?  The girl next to me is.  Ugh, why did I switch to natural deoderant this week? 

xo-Gena

Dear Diary,

It is 6:30 a.m.  Dear God take me from this place!  Why are my legs shaking like that?  I can't make them stop.  I'm using all of my brain power to send a message to my legs to stop convulsing, yet there they go.  Is this going to end soon?  Why did I sign up for this?  I am obviously not fit for this type of workout.  I am NOT coming back here.  I am cancelling the class I'm scheduled for tomorrow night.  I hope Carrie doesn't mind, but I just can't do it, this is too much.  I'm so embarrassed.  I think they're all staring at me.  Why does WENDY look so happy doing this?  She's acting like this isn't hard.  PUH-LEESE.  Ugh, get me out of here!

xo-Gena

Dear Diary,

It is 6:50 a.m.  Wow my muscles feel really loose.  In fact they feel like spaghetti.  Ha-I'm a Spaghetti Eddie. ( http://www.thespaghettieddie.com/  tell Brendan I sent ya!)  I think we're starting to cool down.  I'm not so bad.  I totally stopped way less than a lot of girls in here.  Wendy told me good job when I was holding that one pose.  I could do this again.  I SHOULD come with Carrie tomorrow night.  This will be good for me.  It will be better next time.  I can barely even remember 6:30 now.  Jacqui what do you think?  Yeah, I think we should drink water before next time too. 

xo-Gena

Dear Diary,

It is 7:10 a.m.  I am driving home from Barre3.  This is the best free cup of water I have ever drank.  I like how they put apple slices in it.  I just had a great workout and feel so ready for the day.  I don't know why people don't want to work out, it's not so bad. 

xo-Gena




So have any of you started a new work out program lately?  Did you want to die the first day?  Are you much stronger than I am? What is motivating you to keep going?  All in all I'm so happy I made the sacrifice to get up early and work this old bod out.  At 30 I'm just not ready for all this jelly.  (Virtual high five for whomever names the song in the comments first!) 

Xo-Wife of Wright

3 comments:

  1. No virtual high five for me today. But I did want to say that when Ashley and I started P90x, I thought I was literally going to die. I thought I was supposed to keep up with them. I didn't hear the whole "go at your own pace" thing. We did that for about 3 weeks, and I finally started doing well. Then we stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bootylicious by Destiny's Child...I think I'm right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea James! Virtual high five for you!!

    ReplyDelete