Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Just call me Bonnie...

My wonderful grandmother Bonnie on my maternal side had a special talent.  If there was food anywhere in a 300 foot radius of her, it would end up on her somehow.  In my head when I picture her I think of her in the kitchen with an apron on making me apple pie.  Her apron is pristine and white with little flowers and has no stains.  Her shirt on the other hand is covered in flour, sugar, butter and stray pieces of apple.  There are also at least two handprints of flour on her, usually somewhere extra funny too, like her bottom or bosom.  I love that woman, and I'm so happy that I have those memories. 

I also have a smidge of this talent.  When I was small my dad used to say that I had more food down the front of me than I did in my stomach.  As I grew older the spills and messes became fewer and farther between, but I still manage to mess myself up pretty well every once in awhile.  Just a little bit ago I was doing some work.  I took some things down to the mail room and on my way there and back I stopped and spoke with a couple of people that I work with.  As I was climbing the steps back to my office, just a few steps away from my solitude I looked down and saw this.


That my friends is tortilla.  I had a turkey wrap for lunch.  HOURS AGO.  I have been walking around all afternoon with tortilla in the cowl neck of my sweater dress.  You would think my vision alone would have picked up on something like this white tortilla gleaming from my bosom area, but no.  That afternoon snack rode around all afternoon un-noticed.  I really don't have much to say after that, it was just too good not to share.  Actually I do have one thing...NONE OF YOU NOTICED??!! 

Xo-Wife of Wright

2 comments:

  1. LOL, oh Gena, I needed that! You're so cute! Thank you for sharing that story :) Thank you for the giggles!
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you didn't even eat it.
    What a waste ;)

    ReplyDelete