Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Eeyore.

Ever have one of those days where nothing seems to make you happy?  Nothing is particularly wrong today.  The sun is shining, it's over 70 degrees in November for goodness sake, but I've got a major case of the Eeyore's.  I had a doctor's appointment at 11:15 this morning and my doctor was over an hour late seeing me.  She was delivering a baby for another patient.  Can you believe the nerve?  I'm watching Max this week for my mom and she was supposed to come home today, but now she can't come home until tomorrow because her new employee isn't quite comfortable by herself yet.  She's trained with her a whole TWO DAYS now, what's the deal?  So now I have to sleep with cute, sweet, snoring Max again.  The nerve of her.  I bit my husbands head off because, you know, he breathed, and then he sent me an e-mail telling me how much he supports me and asked me how the rest of my day was going.  I e-mailed him back and wrote "Crap." and then hit send.  I literally sent the word "crap" to my husband at work.  Aren't I lovely?  I literally think I am already feeling the pressure of the holidays, and the inevitible sadness that is going to go along with this year's festivities.  My grandmother passed away five months ago last Friday and this year the holidays are going to seem so empty and weird without her.  I miss her.  And some days just kind of suck. 

There is also so much money pressure around the holidays.  Do this, come to that, bring a gift, have a party, go to a party, and don't forget S-M-I-L-E!  As I begin to plan all of our festivities and travels for the remainder of the year it starts to build up like a bubble in my throat.  I love parties, I love dressing up, I love being with my friends and family, but sometimes, it's a lot. 

But I don't worry too much, because I know these feelings will pass.  As soon as I see Christmas lights being strung all over the city I will smile from ear to ear and sing Christmas Carols with all the other cheesy saps.  I will remember Blake and I's engagment on my birthday two years ago and taking a horse drawn carriage downtown.  I will remember being five years old and hearing my mom and dad tell Santa goodbye while I waited at the top of the stairs about to explode from excitement.  I will remember falling asleep in Midnight Mass as a child and my daddy carrying me out afterwards.  I will remember Christmas Eve at my grandmothers and Christmas morning hearing carols blasting and smelling homemade cinnamon rolls to lure my sister and I out of our beds.   I really do love the holidays. 

It's just an Eeyore day, that's all.


Xo-Wife of Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment