Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Apparently we're on a "kick".

While at work yesterday I was thinking about what Blake and I should have for dinner and remembered that we had two tuna steaks that I had moved from the freezer to the fridge over the weekend so that we would remember to eat them.  I decided to go the Mex route with them.  I also noticed that I have chosen this route quite a few times over the last week.  I guess we're craving spicy, cause it's all tasted really good. 

Tuna Steak Tacos with all the Fixins'


These are SUPER easy and quick to make and you could sub chicken, steak, or shrimp in for the tuna if you're not a fan.  Sidenote:  If you have never tried tuna steak because in your head you're thinking "canned tuna" in steak form please give it a go.  Tuna steaks taste nothing like canned tuna.  Especially if you cook them to a lovely medium and enjoy the tender pink middle the fish has to offer.  For the tuna I seasoned each side with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt and ground pepper. Sear each side for 3-4 minutes for medium, longer if you want to get rid of all the pink.  I wouldn't recommend it...I warmed up some corn tortillas and steamed some brown rice(shortcut hint-Target and every other grocery store that I know of has steam in a bag white and brown rice in the frozen food section, major time saver). 

And now for the fixins'...



These make the tacos!  Lime wedges, avacado, sauteed yellow bell pepper(use any color you have on hand), and some queso fresco.  Delish!  Serve with your favorite hot sauce and you're in for a great week night meal.  This was 20 minutes start to finish I swear.  Remember multi-tasking is your friend!

Adios mi amigos!

Xo-Wife of Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment