Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Mex without the Tex.

For breakfast yesterday I whipped up something yummy.  Blake had gotten a little overzealous while making breakfast potatoes on Saturday morning, so we had a good amount leftover and I didn't want them to go to waste.  I popped them in the oven to re-heat and thought about what would be good on top of those potatoes.  I decided after a few minutes that some of the chorizo and queso fresco that I bought for a Mexican inspired pizza would fit the bill. 

Roasted Breakfast Potatoes with Chorizo, Queso Fresco and an Egg Over Easy

This was delicious.  I simply layered the potatoes first, followed by the egg over easy, chorizo, queso fresco, and then a little guacamole crema to top it off.  Cut into that egg so the yolk runs all over and mix to combine and you've got one tasty breakfast.  It wasn't the case yesterday, but I bet this bad boy would cure any hangover in 15 minutes flat.  Carbs, protein, fat, dairy, and spicy all in one bowl.  This is all speculation, but come on, how could it not? 

Xo-Wife of Wright

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had a quarter of the cooking creativity you guys have.

    I made frozen burritos for dinner. Well, I heated them so they weren't frozen, but that's about my skill level as of now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Apparently I didn't signout of the youtube account. This is Alec.

    ReplyDelete