Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Who wants breakfast for dinner??!! And then maybe for breakfast again...

Last night as I stared into the fridge that is becoming more and more sparse I had an idea.  I saw the can of Pillsbury thin pizza crust in the back of the fridge.  I also saw some ground breakfast turkey sausage in the drawer.  Oh look, we have bacon.  Is that some leftover goat cheese?  Score, some hard boiled eggs!  And dinner was born, or at least I hoped what would become dinner was...Here it is folks:

Breakfast for Dinner (or breakfast) Pizza


Ewww-weeee was it good!  I put fresh ground black pepper and some olive oil on the rolled out pizza dough and then par-baked it according to the package directions for five mintues at 400 degrees.  While the pizza was in the oven I cooked off my ground breakfast turkey and strips of bacon.  When the crust came out I layered on the turkey sausage, crumbled bacon, diced hard boiled egg, and finally the crumbled goat cheese. Right before I put it back in the oven I topped it with more ground black pepper, some smoked paprika, and a little splash of olive oil to keep it from drying out.  Back into the oven at 400 for 10 more minutes and we were in breakfast pizza heaven.  Both Blake and I like it hot and doused ours with a little hot sauce before we dug in, but that's totally up to you.  Like I said yesterday when I was talking about the tartletts, you could mix and match this anyway you want.  Add more veggies, crack your eggs on raw and let them set up in the oven so you would have an ewwey gewey yummy mess of eggs and bacon on crust (salivate here), or throw on some scrambled eggs with lots of cheese.  The possibilities are endless.



Giddy up breakfast for dinner cowboys and cowgirls!

Xo-Wife of Wright

2 comments: