Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Wife of Wright Lesson: Sometimes cook something you don't like.

Why would anyone do this?  I'll tell you why.  Sometimes when you're married, or engaged, or in a serious relationship, or have a roommate you have different tastes in food.  Most of the time you compromise and make things that both of you like, as you should.  Every once in awhile you might even go out to eat somewhere that isn't something the other one would pick and take one for the team(good job!).  But most of the time you don't take the time to cook things that the other one simply does not like. 

I would like to introduce a new Wife of Wright lesson having to do with just that.   W.O.W. Lesson of the Week: Cook something you don't like sometimes for someone who does.  I think it's good for any relationship you have, married or not.  I practiced what I am preaching this last week.  I do not like Strawberry cake.  I'm sure most of you are thinking "How can you NOT like strawberry cake??!!", but I simply find it too sweet.  Blake loves Strawberry cake, therefore last week he got this.


Isn't it pretty?  See, I can still appreciate something I do not like.  I also can appreciate how much my husband DID like it.  In fact, it's all gone.  Plus this lovely cake starred in it's first vlog (without me knowing until afterwards).  Watch it here.  It's pretty darn funny. 

So all in all my act of kindness brought good to the world.  Even if it was just my husbands world and those who watched his bit on his vlog.  That's good enough for me.  Give it a try, tell me what you think.

Peace, love, and cake that sometimes you don't like...



Xo-Wife of Wright

2 comments:

  1. Blake's vlog CRACKED me up...

    And I'm with him on the loving strawberry cake. This looks amazing sis!

    ReplyDelete