Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Back in the saddle again.

Happy New Year! 

I have been off for the past 11 and 1/2 days and with that freedom I un-intentionally completely seperated myself from the computer.  I had more e-mails today that I ever thought possible.  Given, a third of them were spam.  The weird thing was that I didn't miss my e-mail one bit.  I did miss sharing on the blog and seeing up to date news, but besides that, never once thought of it. 

This made me wonder, what has changed about me over the past year?  I used to take the time to check my e-mail over the weekend, and also on any weekdays that I had off or felt under the weather.  Now, not so much.  Whatever that has changed about me in the past year to inflict this change, I'm all about it.  I don't like our cultures dependency on electronics and knowing every little thing at the speed of light. I'm not implying that it's not convenient at times because it certainly is, but until a month ago Blake and I didn't even have phones that could do anything besides make a phone call.  Sure it's nice to touch your phone screen three times and see what movies are playing and at what time, but it's also nice to crack open the newspaper, smell the ink, and search out some afternoon entertainment. 

So I guess realizing today that I had gone so long without the joys of the computer helped me gain a little perspective.  I appreciate the convenience of technology and the knowledge that it can provide.  I especially appreciate the platform it has allowed me to share my thoughts, ideas, and love of food to all of you.  All of this is to be taken with a grain of salt though.  I need to remember to slow down, write a card to mail, read a newspaper, crack open a new book.  Enjoy all of the things that have been around for generations.  Then when I'm done I can boot up the computer, update my status and come over to the blog to let you know all about it.  Remember to have the best of both worlds.  I think it's completely possible.  Here's to 2011 friends...Ain't life grand?




Sunset on Lake Hefner-Oklahoma City, OK

Xo-Wife of Wright

1 comment: